This course is orientated towards military and police, or those who choose to carry on a duty belt or war belt. It's also perfect for government contractors and those in the security industry. An ability to fight at night is emphasized in all of our courses, a handgun with an attached light is appropriate.
Regardless of branch of service, US Special Operations forces undergo a similar training regimen. There is a specific process for creating the most capable warriors in the world. Red Frog training courses mimic that process.
Caution: participants should be physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time. A certain amount of athleticism expected.
- Speed – smooth is fast, rapidly drawing and engaging
- Accuracy – multiple targets, multiple hits on each
- Stance/ Balance – balance is essential to every sport. We apply martial arts and sports science training methodologies.
- Safety – safely employing the pistol rapidly. Weapon manipulation techniques around cover and throughout numerous positions.
- Pistol positions
- Grip – techniques for controlling recoil during rapid fire and obtaining a vice-like grip.
- Shooting & Moving - theory and practical application
- Situational awareness
- Tested - Speed, Accuracy and Points of Performance
- Appropriate belt for holster to fit snug so you can draw
- 3 magazines (holder can hold 2 and one can be loose)
- Loose bullet pocket or pouch
- Ability to carry extra magazines – on a chest rig, or belt with pistol mag pouches attached.
- Ammunition – 300 rounds of quality ammunition.
- Clothing – Weather appropriate, ball cap recommended, sunscreen, raingear, jacket as appropriate for the weather forecast, long sleeves to cover up from the sun (recommended when hot).
- Eye Protection – sunglasses (minimum), and/or shooting specific eye protection. When shooting steel - eye protection required at all times.
- Hearing Protection – muffs, foam ear plugs, or similar
- Tactical gloves – (optional, but nice to have for some drills)
- No open toe shoes
- Water – camelback, canteen, or water bottle
- Food- snacks, at shooters discretion. Normally, one hour is allotted for lunch.
Private groups available.
For More Information Contact:
Phone: (503) 740-3099